Karl Lagerfeld to be sued over 'fat' comments
Share This Article:
Karl Lagerfeld, creative director and head designer for fashion houses Chanel, Fendi and his own label, is facing legal action over his derogatory comments on ‘curvy women’. Lagerfeld appeared in an episode of Le Grand 8 on French television channel D8 on 4th October, and claimed: "The hole in social security, it's also [due to] all the diseases caught by people who are too fat," before reiterating his view that "no one wants to see curvy women on the runway." These comments are far from shocking coming from Lagerfeld, who has previously stated that British singer Adele was "a little too fat" and that "it’s the fat women sitting in front of televisions with their pack of crisps who say slim models are hideous"; however, his words were one step too far for French women’s pressure group Belle, Ronde, Sexy et Je M'assume.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- So last year: has the Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show reached its sell-by date?
- Behind the Brand: Meet the designer giving denim a new life
- Business-minded students have the chance to win a year of free unlimited travel with Wizz Air