Theatre Review: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Share This Article:
4/5 We all know of the characters and we all know the story. Since we were young, the wonders of Willy Wonka and his magical chocolate factory have amazed us, tempted us, and made us yearn for those wonderful sweet treats wrapped in a purple coat. Willy Wonka has opened his looming metal gates once again - this time, for guests at the Royal Theatre Drury Lane in London. It was the music that originally drew us to the show; we had heard one of the songs on the radio one afternoon, and then made a point of seeing the musical in the West End. It's an impressive musical, although with an Academy Award-winning director like Sam Mendes at the helm, it's bound to be something special.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Interview: Emma Baskeyfield on her work-in-progress show 'Go Figure'
- Musicians to watch out for at this year's Fringe
- Fringe Review: The Brunch Club @ The Pleasance - Levels Pop Up
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH
Top article: Fringe Review: Rust - The Musical @ theSpace