Do I have a drinking problem?
Share This Article:
The university environment makes it particularly easy for students to develop a drinking problem. The cheap alcohol, frequent club socials and student nights mean that alcohol often becomes the first port of call for students in their spare time. However, the level of alcohol consumption is not an issue that many students wish to examine or acknowledge. Here are some of the signs that show you or a friend could be struggling with alcohol:
- Feeling that you should cut down on your own alcohol consumption.
- Getting annoyed at others criticising you for how much you are drinking.
- Feeling like you need a drink to get rid of a hangover or steady your nerves.
- If you begin to miss appointments due to your use of alcohol such as lectures, hangovers or exams.
- If you regularly exceed the NHS recommended daily limits for alcohol consumption (3-4 units for men, 2-3 units for women).
- If you regularly go through a week without having alcohol-free days.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH