Comedy Review: Chris Ramsey
Share This Article:
We are all lucky to be alive according to Chris Ramsey, which seems quite a deep subject for a comedy set. But the South Shields man, who has enjoyed unparalleled success in 2012 with a sold-out UK tour and Edinburgh show, probably has reason to feel lucky. He kicked off his 2013 schedule in a dark and cosy room at the University of East Anglia in Norwich on 11th January and had fellow Northerner Carl Hutchinson join him as his support act. Nobody in the audience was expecting or had even heard of the latter comedian, but Hutchinson’s dry wit instantly got the crowd onside and in fits of laughter with hilarious tales of his short-lived teaching career and run-ins with overzealous waiters. His use of imaginary objects was of particular personal amusement.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Musicians to watch out for at this year's Fringe
- Last Chance To See: Small Island @ Olivier Theatre
- Fringe Review: The Brunch Club @ The Pleasance - Levels Pop Up