Suzanne Collins is releasing a prequel to her best-selling Hunger Games trilogy
Share This Article:
If you are wondering where Suzanne Collins has been in the decade since the Hunger Games trilogy was completed, it was revealed today that she has been quietly working on a prequel set in Panem and to be published next year. Currently known simply as Untitled Panem Novel, the prequel will be set 64 years previous to the world of Katniss Everdeen as we knew it. It will look back on a time closer to the beginning, on the morning of the Tenth Hunger Games.
Image Credit: Bastian Almonte via FlickrCollins and her publishers are remaining tight-lipped regarding any further details of the plot of the next novel in the multi-million-selling series, but did reveal it would focus on the ‘Dark Days’, following the failed rebellion in Panem.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Does the 21st Century still need Herman Melville?
- Lessons we can learn from the creator of Peter Rabbit
- 5 of the best YA fantasy books of 2019 so far