Review: Missoni Art Colour
Share This Article:
★★★★☆ The Fashion and Textile Museum’s ‘Missoni Art Colour’ exhibition is visually stunning, filled with Missoni garments with iconic bright colours and bold stripes. The mannequins may be inanimate, but the clothes that they wear are dynamic and vibrant, adding life and energy to the exhibition. Supported by MA*GA and TheWoolmark Company, the exhibition explores artistic influences on Missoni designs, drawing attention to the central importance of flat colour to the Italian fashion house’s garments. Whilst European painters deconstructed art in the 20th century by breaking down forms and structures to create abstract images, fashion was facing an upheaval of tradition in parallel with the visual arts.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Books that changed my life, for International Children's Book day
- Autism Awareness Month: 5 books with autistic characters
- Who came out on top at the Olivier Awards 2019?
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH