Students: easy targets for burglars
Share This Article:
Burglary is on the rise in the UK, according to reformed criminal and BBC’s ‘Beat The Burglar’ expert Michael Fraser - and students are easy targets due to having lots of valuables and a relaxed attitude to security. Michael is working with top insurance companies advising them on new challenges, including the risks of social media.
- Every year there are over 1 million reported burglaries and attempted burglaries in the UK
- Half a million recorded burglaries take place in England and Wales each year
- A burglary happens every 40 seconds in the UK
- It is estimated that 1/3 students become victims of crime, mainly theft and burglary
- 20% of student robberies occur in the first six weeks of the academic year
- King's College London students have the highest risk of being victims of violent crime, burglary or robbery
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The eco-friendly sanitary products you need to know about
- The Headspace team tells us about the importance of mindfulness for students
- The facts about menstrual hygiene you need to know
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH