Are your valuables safe at uni? Make sure you track them with new initiative
Share This Article:
More than 450,000 students have started university in the last few weeks - and figures show that one in five of them will be a victim of theft at some point during their years in higher education. Student homes are seen as rich pickings by criminals who are able to steal multiple gadgets, including laptops and mobile phones, from just one residence. LoJack for Laptops, the tracking and recovery service, are working with the Police Association of Higher Education Liaison Officers (PAHELO) throughout the UK on an initiative to tackle student theft. PAHELO’s advice for students includes: - Out of term time make sure you take your valuables with you - Use a tracking software such as LoJack for Laptops - It may be obvious, but always lock your door and secure your windows
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 7 things you’re doing everyday that are wrecking the planet
- More than half of young people back a return of full-time voluntary ‘National Service’
- The top 5 fitness apps for your daily workout
- Manchester Metropolitan
- Birmingham City
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH