Gas Safety Week: How Safe is Your House?
Share This Article:
If you're moving into a rented house for this uni year it's important to make sure that everything is in good working order - nasty household surprises a few weeks into term are hardly going to go down well. To mark Gas Safety Week, 16th-22nd September, Gas Safe Register has launched a nationwide interactive gas map revealing the number of unsafe gas appliances found lurking in a postcode area. The tool also shows how many illegal gas fitters have carried out dangerous work, and the number of gas incidents and emergencies in the area. Gas Safe Register are also offering their tips on how to stay safe in the home:
- Visit www.staygassafe.co.uk to find out about the gas dangers and risks in your area.
- Get all of the gas appliances in your home safety checked and maintained annually by a Gas Safe registered engineer – this will ensure that your appliances continue to work safely
- Sign up to have a gas safety check reminder sent to you annually so that you never forget to keep you and your family safe
- Don’t fall victim to illegal gas work - only use a Gas Safe registered engineer and ask to see their Gas Safe ID card.
- Check gas appliances for warning signs that they are not working correctly. A lazy yellow flame, black marks or stains around the appliance, or too much condensation in the room are all signs that your appliances aren’t safe.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH