When will I need a TV Licence?
Share This Article:
If you’re planning on taking a TV to uni this year (or maybe even if you’re not – see below) there’s an extra cost that you’re going to have to remember to factor in. A TV Licence is needed if you’re watching or recording television programmes at the same time as they are being shown on TV, and it’s important that you don’t let it slip your mind – because, scarily, you could end up with a £1,000 bill if you don’t comply. So you’re going to need a licence no matter what device you’re watching on (TV, laptop, phone, etc) and no matter how you’re receiving the programmes - including terrestrial, satellite, cable or digital television channels or via the internet. So, here are the facts:
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How entrepreneurial students are paying off their loans early
- Money-saving tips from one student to another
- Nine top tips to help you budget at university