16 scientific facts that are just too freaky to wrap your head around
Share This Article:
Science, more often than not, can answer questions that were previously unknown to us. But sometimes, it can simply blow your mind. People on reddit are sharing scientific facts that are just to freaky to get your head around – and here are a few below: 1. Every creature on Earth, from octopus to tardigrade to spiders, all of them are genetically related to us in some way or another. – Jauxerous 2. Plants have sexual organs. Whenever you touch its pollen, you’re touching the precursor of the plant sperm cell. The fruit you eat are the ovaries of the plant that they came from. – excusememoi 3. Gravity changes time. The greater the gravity, the slower time flows. – Liar_tuck 4. The fact that all stars will eventually die out and new ones will no longer be born. The universe and everything in it will be cold, dark, and dead. – heyimjason 5. The sun is going to expand to a red giant and engulf the earth billions of years before stars stop being born in the universe. – KetzerJefe343 6. On average, your friends have more friends than you. – NullStellen
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- UK Parliament Week: Calls for greater representation in parliament as national festival begins
- Dot and Billy: how love letters document the stories of lives torn apart by World War I
- Women are taking to social media to raise awareness of Equal Pay Day
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH