TNS Web Dump
Share This Article:
Every summer I always decide that I’m going to do an absolute load of reading. I head into town to take advantage of whatever 3-for-2 book deal I can find and then get cracking. Unfortunately, my enthusiasm never lasts very long. When your pace eventually starts to slow, you’re faced with a stack of unread books on your desk that’s not going anywhere. Worst of all, they sit there staring at you, accusing you of not having the drive to finish what you started. Maybe it was this that led artist Guy Laramee to chop up a load of old books as part of an art project. Taking natural landscapes and ancient ruins for his inspiration, Laramee has turned his forgotten holiday reads into his masterpieces. So don’t throw out all of your unread Mills and Boons. You may not actually have any interest in reading them but there could be a work of art hiding between the covers. If you needed any more inspiration to get off your backside and finish your holiday reading list/ convert it into a jaw-dropping sculpture then maybe you should have a look at dead.atyourage.com . This website lets you know what some really interesting people did before they reached your age (and died).
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Bear cub brought in to relax stressed students attacks them and causes rabies scare
- Water pistol-wielding masked robber in girl's trainers laughed at by kids after attempted heist at Lancashire school
- "Santa just is white!" Time Magazine names Fox anchor Megyn Kelly amongst its 100 Most Influential People
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH