Bert & Ernie Not Gay
Share This Article:
The true nature of the relationship between flatmates Bert and Ernie on Sesame Street has repeatedly been questioned during the show's long run, but recent Facebook-campaigns have intensified the discussion, as many argue that a wedding between Bert and Ernie will teach children about marriage-equality. However, the people behind Sesame Street have now entered the discussion, issuing a statement saying; "Bert and Ernie are best friends. They were created to teach preschoolers that people can be good friends with those who are very different from themselves. Even though they are identified as male characters and possess many human traits and characteristics (as most 'Sesame Street' Muppets do), they remain puppets, and do not have a sexual orientation."
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- UPDATED: Could Glee be banned in the UK?
- Pretzel Films on hunt for new graduate Director
- Win a year of free cinema and get your filmmaking skills judged by Oscar winners
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH