5 apps to download for stress-free travel
Share This Article:
Travelling can be stressful... getting lost, language barriers, transport, accommodation issues.
But there are amazing, totally free apps out there designed to make your travel experiences as stress-free as possible. Here's our top five.1. TripIt If you’re someone that prefers to book ahead before you travel then this app is perfect for you! You can forward all confirmation emails for any and every booking you have made relating to your trip. From flight and accommodation bookings to tour tickets, it will all be there in one digital place. Save yourself from potentially losing valuable emails, or from having to scroll through hundreds of unread emails to find the one you need at the time you need it. 2. Skyscanner Get ahead of the curve and download the Skyscanner app to find the cheapest flights to your chosen destination or flights at certain times of the day. It compares every flight and puts them in order of price, giving you every possible option when booking. The app also allows you to find cheaper hotel and car hire prices. 3. Google Translate A slightly more obvious choice and definitely not one to use extensively. But if you’re sat in a restaurant in Italy and you’re not 100% sure what you’re ordering on your pizza then check what the word is on Google Translate. With the option to type, speak or even snap a quick shot of whatever it is you need translating, this app is your digital pocket translator.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Why I quit my day job researching happiness and started cycling to Bhutan
- Experiencing the real South Africa as a volunteer in the township communities
- Pride ‘n Purpose: the scheme which supports Ulusaba’s local communities to sustain themselves
4. Rome2rio Finding your way around a new city can be daunting... not knowing whether its best to walk or get public transport. Rome2rio will tell you the best directions and method of transport to get you to exactly where you want to be without having to unfold a map. Save time debating with your travel partner about what way to go and download Rome2rio. 4. Moves A tracking app that also tells you how many steps you’ve walked. Much like a Fitbit, this app also tracks your routes. If you find yourself lost, simply visit the app to see the routes you’ve taken to help you retrace your tracks. It also remembers places you’ve visited, from museums to independent coffee shops. So, you can always remember where your favourite coffee shop is in Reykjavik, or where that quirky bar was in the back streets of Amsterdam. 5. Foursquare Discover the best places to eat, drink and visit all in one convenient app. Whether it’s a coffee shop, bar, or attraction, Foursquare has all the best recommendations which are all rated by people that have visited there before. So, if you find yourself wandering through the unknown and aren’t too sure where the best places are, then download this app and make the decision so much easier.