A day in Donostia, San Sebastián
Share This Article:
San Sebastián (Donostia in Euskera, the language of the Basque Country) is a city located in the northern coast of Spain, in the province of Gipuzkoa, and it is considered by many as one of the most beautiful cities in the country. Indeed, it is breathtaking. Although quite small, San Sebastián has the feeling of a big city, as you can find pretty much anything you need without losing that small town aura. Surrounded by two bays on one side and mountains on the other, in San Sebastián you can find the perfect balance between coast, countryside and cosmopolitan city. San Sebastián is a city full of history. In the historical centre of the city you can visit its oldest street, the Calle del 31 de Agosto (31st of August Street), or San Telmo Kalea. It is the only street that survived the Spanish War of Independence in 1813 and the great fires that followed it.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Disconnecting to find real connection with Tao Philippines: 3 days island-hopping from Coron to El Nido
- Spain’s festive timeline: festive pranks, annual lotteries, and the three kings of Orient
- Culture Dive: The Himba people of Namibia
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH