Taking a gap year? Top destinations revealed
Share This Article:
Although thousands of students will be looking forward to starting their university lives in the autumn, plenty of others will be jetting off on the adventure of a gap year. ABTA is advising the 24,000 students who are estimated to be taking a gap year in 2013 on the destinations that they should be considering. So, where will you go? ABTA members specialising in gap year travel have reported increases in bookings over the last twelve months as interest in taking a gap year returns amongst school leavers. Australasia, South East Asia, the USA and Africa are the most popular destination choices with Thailand, Australia, the USA and South Africa leading the way. Peru, Vietnam, and Brazil are also growing in popularity for many gappers. Top 10 gap year destinations reported by leading ABTA Members specialising in gap years for school leavers are: 1. Thailand 2. Australia 3. USA 4. South Africa 5. Peru 6. Vietnam
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Colombo, Sri Lanka is revealed as the 'must-photograph' travel destination in social media study
- Portugal announces plans for British tourists amid no-deal Brexit threat
- Tao Philippines: The immersive island-hopping expedition that helps to sustain and enhance Palawan's environment and island communities
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH