Going to Zante doesn't just mean Laganas
Share This Article:
The reason most students go to Zante (Zakynthos to the locals) is to hit the nightlife of Laganas. Yet just a few miles down the road is Kalamacki, which is just as good for a holiday. Zante is the third largest of the Ionian Islands in Greece, and one of the most popular with tourists. Kalamaki is the nesting point for the endangered loggerhead sea turtle and has managed to maintain its relaxed atmosphere, despite the influx of tourists in the last 20 years or so. Kalamaki has a large town with many restaurant and bars. One of the most popular is Stanni’s, a family run tavern located ten minutes walk from the main town and its restaurants. The extra travelling time is worth it however.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Interrail 101: How to navigate Europe by rail after Brexit
- Ishbel Holmes: ‘It was never about how far or how fast I was going to go’
- Portugal announces plans for British tourists amid no-deal Brexit threat
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH