TV Review: This is Us (Season 2, Episode 1)
Share This Article:
The second series of the award-winning US drama This is Us began on More Four this week. Picking up where the first series left off, the show chronicles the lives of the Pearson family, past and present, as they navigate the trials and tribulations of modern family life. Four of the five protagonists share the same birthday, and it is on this date that both the first and second seasons start. The show follows the lives of the family both in the present day and through flashbacks to earlier periods, suggesting how much family life can be affected by decisions made in the past. Positioning the first episode of the second series a year on from where its predecessor began, highlights how much has changed for the family and is an effective way of emphasising the cyclical nature of family relationships.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- TV Review: Riverdale (Season 3, Episode 13)
- Charly Clive, star of Channel 4’s new OCD comedy: ‘I can relate to the feeling of not understanding your brain’
- Comic Relief 2019: One Red Nose Day and a Wedding review
This Is Us: Season 2 airs on Wednesdays at 9pm on More 4.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH