Brooklyn Nine-Nine's Best Moments
Share This Article:
The internet flew into meltdown earlier this month when it seemed as if our favourite cop comedy would never return after it was cancelled by Fox. Thankfully less than 24 hours later after much fan outcry, the Nine Nine was saved by NBC and picked up for a sixth season. To celebrate their renewal, we thought we'd compile some of their best bits that prove far and away why the best comedy show on TV simply had to be saved. 1. Jake Makes The Criminals Sing This episode hasn't aired in the UK yet, but the clip has been out for a while and I've watched it over and over again since its release. Only on Brooklyn Nine Nine could you get the comedy gold of a line-up of criminals singing the Backstreet Boys' "I Want It That Way". Warning, you will be singing "And number five" instead of the real line forever now.
2. Holt says "Bone"A grown man saying bone over and over again should not be funny. However when said man is Captain Raymond Holt, it's iconic. 4. Title of Your Sex Tape "Title of your sex tape" is the younger, funnier, Brooklyn Nine Nine cousin of the classic "that's what she said". 5. Rosa Comes Out A slightly more serious and less funny clip, but nonetheless a very important moment. A bisexual woman, played by a bisexual actress using the word bisexual on TV. It shouldn't be so groundbreaking but it is, and the incredible diverse cast and great LGBTQ+ representation is one of the main reasons this show is as good as it is. 6. Jake proposes to Amy This moment had been years (or if you binged watched seasons 1-4 on Netflix before season 5 aired, months) in the making, and it was definitely worth it when it came. Equal parts hilarious and touching, Jake and Amy's proposal is everything. 7. The Full bullpen Brooklyn Nine Nine has some of the best cold opens on TV, and this is a prime example of one of the funniest.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Q&A with the cast of Shadowhunters @ MCM London
- TV Review: Riverdale (Season 3, Episode 4)
- TV Review: The Haunting of Hill House (Season 1)
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH