TV Review: Inside No. 9 - And The Winner Is...
Share This Article:
Despite the high regard that many hold it in, Inside No. 9 remains to be something of an underrated gem on our screens. Reece Shearsmith and Steve Pemberton have won a fair number of awards for their inventive anthology tales - from the Rose D'Or for comedy in 2016 to the British Comedy Guide's 'Comedy of The Year' just this week - but their efforts have yet to make (deserved) waves with the more popular TV academies. Perhaps that is why the duo have drawn their attentions to what exactly happens in the jury rooms where winners (and losers) are decided. Shifting from the shockingly dark vibes of last week's episode, this week's No. 9 (entitled 'And The Winner Is...') leans back into something lighter, with a more straight-forward plot and near-archetypal characters. Jury No. 9 gather in a swanky London hotel to decide upon the Royal Academy of Motion Picture Arts' Best Actress award.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- TV Review: Riverdale (Season 3, Episode 7)
- Bandersnatch is just the start – the next big thing in interactive media is AI storytelling
- The Last Kingdom: Millie Brady and Emily Cox on strong female characters, animals and art
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH