6 TV shows that should return (and scrap their finales) like Will and Grace
Share This Article:
It has recently been revealed that the much loved sitcom Will and Grace is set to return to our screens - but not quite in the same way it left. In its final episode, Will and Grace depicted its two title characters both happily married to their respective spouses and bringing up children of their own. However, the new series is planning on essentially pretending that the finale never happened and will instead revert to the storyline of earlier episodes, following Will and Grace’s hilarious exploits in their tiny flat in New York. In honour of the show's return - and it's finale blasting revelation - we look back at some other much loved series which could easily return and delight fans with just a small lapse in memory. Spoilers (and infuriating reminders of painstaking finales) to follow! 1. How I Met Your Mother When How I Met Your Mother ended in 2014, it was widely slated by fans for having a deeply disappointing finale that essentially wasted entire seasons worth of character development. By scrapping the mother’s death and ignoring Ted essentially asking his children’s permission to date Robyn, again, the show could easily return and have another, better attempt at an ending that doesn’t let the previously loved show down. 2. Two and a Half Men Fans were particularly unhappy when Charlie Sheen’s character was crushed to death with a grand piano which just happened to fall out of a helicopter in the show's finale. It was later revealed that this untimely ending for Charlie was due to the actor falling out with the show's creator, Chuck Lorre. However, years later, the hatchet has surely been buried and Charlie could make a miraculous reappearance to continue the once hilarious series.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The 5 best female-led mysteries on screen
- A Friends-themed brunch is coming to London
- TV Review: This is Us (Season 2, Episode 9)
5. RoseanneRoseanne was lauded by audiences as one of the first honest portrayals of a working class family struggling to get by. However, the finale undid much of this hardwork by revealing that the entire final series had been invented by the title character to cope with other events - most notably Dan suffering a fatal heart attack. By scrapping the revelations of the finale, not only could Rosanne and Dan return to our screens, but the writers could have a second chance at creating an ending that will do the show justice. 6. Dinosaurs Easily the most depressing finale on the list, beloved children’s TV show Dinosaurs ended in 1994 by leaving its characters to freeze to death as the ice age began. Alongside undoing the trauma suffered by thousands of young children, ignoring this finale would allow this unique and very funny family to return and delight an entirely new generation.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...