How easy is it to eat well at university?
Share This Article:
It’s the age-old stereotype: go to university, live off baked beans for three years. And for many people, this is probably very close to the truth. Living on a student budget can mean that some sacrifices have to be made, and generally good food appears to come top of the list. It’s easy to when you can get a Tesco’s frozen pizza for just 60p. Something that you can just stick in the oven at the end of the day while you catch up on your neglected TV viewing. This also negotiates the fact that most students come to university without any significant culinary skills. The temptation to survive on ready meals whilst your student cookbook decomposes on the shelf is almost always overriding. Not to mention the amount of times you will eat half a loaf of bread in a feeble attempt to put off a hangover.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 24 essential places future UCLan students need to know about
- How to manage your allergy at university - from a grad who's been through it
- Joe Wicks announces his new veggie cookbook
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH