How To Deal With... a mouldy student house
Share This Article:
The new year is here and with it brings a new semester. During the remainder of the winter months, you could end up sharing your student pad with something unexpected... mould mites. As the name suggests, they can survive anywhere where there’s mould: in the bathroom, on expired food or even in damp material. Mould mites have a very short lifespan and can therefore breed quickly – meaning it can get out of hand if left untreated. They are very small and can be difficult to spot – usually found in places where condensation builds up. However, it is simple to get rid of them; throw away any mouldy food and clean any areas where there may be an infestation. The easiest way to clear your house of these pests is to clean the infected area; however, vacuuming, brushing or scrubbing the area breaks up mould patches and disturbs spores which can cause serious health issues.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The importance of an organised work space
- MENtal Health: An interview with Ben Edwards about male behaviour, relationship advice and stress management
- MENtal Health: An interview with Owen Sharp, CEO of the Movember Foundation
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH