Racist incidents at UK universities have risen by more than 60% in two years
Share This Article:
There has been a huge rise in racist incidents happening at UK universities in the past two years, with recent figures showing an increase of over sixty per cent. Data obtained from freedom of information requests made by The Independent have exposed the surge in the number of alleged racist incidents on campuses across the country. Analysis of these statistics, which were released by ninety four UK universities, reveals that one-hundrend-and-twenty-nine alleged racist incidents were reported in 2017, a much higher figure than the eighty reported in 2015. Meanwhile in 2016, one-hundred-and-five alleged racist incidents were reported to UK universities, meaning that there has been a twenty-three per cent rise in one year and a sixty per cent rise in the past two years.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Brexit mug with holes in it brings fame to witty Yorkshire pottery
- Resignations and rebellion as Theresa May unveils Brexit withdrawal agreement
- Frank Ocean made his Instagram account public and fans are delighted
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH