This student committed an absolute food crime in the form of a Pop Tart cheese sandwich
Share This Article:
A student’s culinary high jinx have gone well and truly viral when he combined sweet with savoury in a very unusual way. Chris Jorgensen, 20, a journalism student from Iowa State University, decided to get involved with a common food meme using random ingredients from his cupboard. “There have been posts really similar to this before – some very odd or disgusting food with the tweet saying something along the lines of ‘You aren’t from [place] if you never had [food]’,” said Jorgensen. “My room-mate and I have always thought they were really funny. I told him one night that I wanted to make a tweet like that.” The golden food combination he chose to represent the state of Iowa with? Two Pop Tarts with a slice of cheese in the middle. The post received over 450 likes and 200 retweets, but Jorgensen wasn’t one to take all the credit. He made sure to thank the supermarket he picked up the goods from. Great memes require sacrifices and for Jorgensen, that was taking a bite of the food monstrosity he had made.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- School climate strikes: why adults no longer have the right to object to their children taking radical action
- Turning Point UK: new conservative youth group doesn't fit traditional understandings of the 'far right'
- Beyonce and Jay-Z ‘bow down’ to Meghan with Brits acceptance speech
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH