18-24 year-olds have less free time now than five years ago
Share This Article:
50% of 18-24 year olds Britons feel that they have less free time than five years ago, according to research by Virgin Trains. Respondents also said that they value free time more than money, material possessions and career success. 58% of 18-24 year olds questioned said that they would go travelling if they had more free time, 40% would meet up with family and friends and 31% would like to learn a new language. Things that respondents said they miss out on due to not having enough free time include chances to socialise (35%), weekend or day trips (35%) and sex (20%). The research also investigated how 18-24 year olds actually spend their time. Young Britons were found to spend:
- 108 days a year sleeping
- 36 days a year using personal phones and computers
- 14 days a year on social media (4 days more than the average)
- 10 days a year cooking and eating
- 6 days a year doing housework
- 6 days a year exercising (one day less than the average)
- 5 days a year in the bathroom
You might also like...
People who read this also read...