Students: more likely to snack on vegetables than chocolate
Share This Article:
Students are embracing home cooking and chucking out the takeaways and chocolate, according to our new healthy eating survey. Our research has revealed that 55% of students cook for themselves every day, and that just 11% eat out at restaurants or rely on takeaways once a week or more. We questioned 693 UK students about their eating habits in collaboration with Bacofoil, and the results have shown us that, largely, you’re a healthy bunch. On top of the 55% of UK students who get in the kitchen every night, a further 34% do so between twice and five times per week. Only 1% of students said that they never cook for themselves, whilst 83% regularly cook either for themselves or for themselves and one other person, and 15% regularly lay on dinner for their friends and/or flatmates. Unsurprisingly, pasta is a staple when students do don their aprons – 68% load up on it every week.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Frank Ocean made his Instagram account public and fans are delighted
- This is why #WorldToiletDay is trending around the world
- Autistic boy’s show of support for I'm A Celeb's Anne Hegerty wins thousands of fans
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH