Student adventures and RAG societies rewarded at London ceremony
Share This Article:
The achievements of students who have encouraged fundraising through adventure challenges were celebrated this weekend at the first Student Adventures Adventure Leader Awards. Sponsored by not-for-profit online fundraising service Virgin Money Giving, the movie premiere-themed ceremony took place at the British Film Institute (BFI) on London’s Southbank on Saturday 30th November. Student Adventures works with Rags and charities to encourage students to participate in charity adventures. The Student Adventures Adventure Leader Awards 2013 were designed to celebrate success and achievement, as well as inspire new student adventure leaders for 2014. More than 70 students from across the country were welcomed with a special surprise video from Sir Richard Branson, in which he thanked them for their hard work. There were ten awards presented on the night, and these were:
- Student Adventures Photo of the Year - Richard Francis from Portsmouth University
- Student Adventures Team of the Year - Portsmouth Rag
- Recruitment and Fundraising Campaign of the Year - Nottingham Karnival
- Marketing Campaign of the Year - Plymouth University
- Fundraisers of the Year - Warwick University’s five-day cycling team
- Most Improved Rag - Southampton Rag
- Fundraising Idea of the Year - Lee Watson (pictured) from Portsmouth University for his naked playing cards
- Student Adventures Rag of the Year - Warwick Rag
- Outstanding Achievement of the Year - Hollie Foster (pictured) from Portsmouth University
- Adventure Leader of the Year - Laura Jane Ryves from Kent University
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The Favourite’s Weisz and Colman back gay rights on Baftas red carpet
- Pompey gran hailed as a ‘legend’ for solo soup run to help the homeless
- Home Office swamped by sarcastic Valentine’s Day messages on Twitter
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH