Premier League Profiles: Who are Everton FC?
Share This Article:
Everton were founded in 1878 and was one of the founding members of the Football League. A season after the inception of the Football League, Everton won their first top-flight league title and won their first FA Cup in 1906. It wasn't until 1925 where the club sustained its first period of success. In that year, the club signed Dixie Dean from Tranmere Rovers and Dixie Dean went on to set a Football League record (which still stands) scoring 60 league goals in a season which ultimately led Everton to their third league title. They were relegated two years later but bounced straight back up, not only that they won the First Division title at the earliest opportunity.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Champions League: Inter Milan vs Tottenham Hotspur preview
- Would a European Super League Destory Football?
- VAR to Hit the Premier League Next Season
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH