Harry Kane: 100 Club
Share This Article:
"He's just a one season wonder" That was the phrase opposition fans gave after Harry Kane's breakthrough season in 2014-15, a season where he scored 21 goals in the Premier League and 31 in all competitions. Since then, that one season wonder has gone on to become the 26th player to join the 100 club having accomplished this feat in 136 games, only beaten by Alan Shearer who achieved this in 124 games. Kane has developed into one of the best strikers in world football over the past couple of years due to his incredible goal scoring statistics, which has seen Tottenham Hotspur compete for the top four and the Premier League title on a more regular basis. His importance for Tottenham is clear to see. For the past three seasons, he has averaged 25 goals and has currently notched up 22 goals in 25 league games this season. Kane also became the first man to outscore both Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi in a calendar year.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Manchester Storm and Shelter come together to fight homelessness with hockey
- Millwall under investigation by FA after racist chants in FA Cup game against Everton
- Altrincham FC ‘first in the world’ to wear LGBT kit in competitive fixture
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH