Job done in Ukraine for Roy Hodgson but England's campaign is far from over
Share This Article:
England's performance on Tuesday night highlighted many technical shortcomings, but, by securing a point, they now sit at the top of Group H with their attempts to qualify for the World Cup in Brazil firmly in their hands. Manager Roy Hodgson will be delighted with the result, knowing now that victory in their final two Wembley qualifiers against Montenegro and Poland in October will guarantee that England automatic qualification. What may worry England supporters are the failings in midfield which was tremendously poor, lacking both pace and composure. Frustratingly England, comprised of both the experienced Steven Gerrard and Frank Lampard, alongside the talented Jack Wilshere, managed to continuously give the ball away to their opponents. The three were shadows compared to the players who represent their clubs in the Premier League.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- UEFA Champions League: The National Student Sports Writer's Predictions 2018/19
- Five Ways Manchester United Can Save Their Season
- Opinion: Wembley Stadium - An expensive luxury we could do without
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH