Is it chivalrous or sexist for men to pay for women on dates?
Share This Article:
21st century dating is difficult because of so many reasons, one of which being that whole paying debate: “right, how are we going to do this?”. Is he going to make the first move? Should I? What if my suggestion emasculates him? What if he thinks I’m too much of a raging feminist to accept his offer? Or maybe, just maybe, let him pay the damn bill if he wants and be on your way. Don’t sweat it. Paying on dates doesn’t have to be such a big thing. It’s been overcomplicated through social expectations that the man must pay, or that feminism exists and therefore women should split the bill; it’s all total bull. Through a little poll I ran on twitter, only 5% of people think men paying is sexist and I couldn’t agree more.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The pros and cons of letting Sean Spicer be in on the joke at the Emmy Awards
- I DO like and respect Taylor Swift and she is a genius - here's why
- Newspapers may be dying, but journalism must survive
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH