How Selfridges Is Stealing Our Time
Share This Article:
If you carefully dissect the word 'Christmas' into minute parts in the modern day world, you'll soon find hidden within it the words 'free market capitalism' or 'give me all your money', or something of the sort. For the past few years, we've seen things like Valentine's Day, Easter and Halloween products advertised and stocked in shops well before their due date. It's now something we sort of tolerate, and often joke about, despite it, in the long run, taking us for fools. But how about opening a Christmas shop just under five months before the big day? Selfridges' opening a Christmas shop so early will either make you burst out with laughter, curse at Adam Smith (Google him) or simply drain your wallet without you realising. It's all a bit (in the words of every Love Island 2017 contestant) muggy, if you ask me. What's even more laughable, is the prices Selfridges' Christmas gifts and decorations.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How our true crime obsession brings up questions of justice vs. truth
- The lip filler generation: Has Instagram overly-normalised teenage surgery?
- Why the British Army’s new campaign is brilliant advertising
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH