Murder trial as entertainment?
Share This Article:
Just over a year ago a young, successful woman was shot and killed on Valentine’s Day. There are several variant explanations of how this tragic event came about, and it is now up to a court of law to decide whether or not Oscar Pistorius killed Reeva Steenkamp. This morning, however, this stopped being a murder trial and became entertainment. Not many people know what actually happened on that night. I have my opinion, formed by the evidence that came to light; others will have theirs. This is ok. With any big case which the public follows closely it seems natural for people to align themselves with the jury and form judgements on what the outcome should be.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The time has come for universities to divest completely from fossil fuels
- Fox hunting is back on the agenda. Don't overreact.
- Why a Conservative and DUP coalition would be a disaster
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH