Propaganda works its magic in the Middle East
Share This Article:
So here we are again. Four years ago, in between a US election and inauguration and before its own elections, the Israeli government decided to attack Gaza. Despite the fact there was a ceasefire in place (which Hamas had abided by) Israeli forces broke it and launched operation Cast Lead. It was a slaughter - 1400 hundred Palestinians were killed. As Medialens wrote at the time, reading the mainstream media it was hard to distinguish who started the conflict (Israel) and why it was started (to terrify its own population into voting for Ehud Olmert, then prime minister).
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How to fix the Labour Party
- UC Berkeley 'protesters' should be ashamed of themselves
- SOAS in (predictable) hysterics over an invitation to Israel’s ambassador
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH