The truth about spending cuts
Share This Article:
As Europe looks set to throw Greece and Spain to the wolves, an economic catastrophe is inevitably looming. By the end of this parliament, pensioners will be nothing less than starved; most families will become homeless, begging on street corners whilst the mainstream press continue to produce doomsday stories about so-called ‘spending cuts’. If asked, nearly every person in Britain will tell you that these cuts have been destroying the country, and David Cameron is simply ‘evil’ or ‘nasty’. However, a new report by Tullet Prebon, the bond trading company, has revealed that, despite what the left-wing press have to say, public expenditure has actually risen since the Coalition came to power. According to their figures, spending actually rose by 0.3% in the first year of government, and fell by a measly 1.5% during the second.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How to fix the Labour Party
- Record number of women elected to parliament on anniversary of Emily Davison's death
- SOAS in (predictable) hysterics over an invitation to Israel’s ambassador
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH