Children killing children
Share This Article:
Lord of the Flies, Battle Royale and more recently, The Hunger Games: explicitly and unashamedly, all three of these films show children killing each other, but has anyone actually stopped to consider why we find this sort of subject matter entertaining? I think it’s hard to come to a general, all-encompassing answer, particularly when these films all depict the shocking theme in very different ways. The Hunger Games, for example, shows an event similar to any other competitive sport, in so far as the contestants are trained beforehand and that each individual is representative of a particular village or community.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Apple's new 'theatre mode' is an embarrassment to us as a society
- The death of the auteur director in the #MeToo age
- Why the Tom Hardy Venom movie is going to suck
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH