The world last week - 5 stories you may have missed
Share This Article:
A tiger at Kansas City Zoo.Syria
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- US politician votes for measure condemning his own racist comments
- Police who asked for volunteers to get drunk ‘overwhelmed’ by response
- Bangor Uni could be closing its Chemistry department and students are protesting
The normally idyllic town of WestportAustralia The set of a music video turned into a tragedy in Brisbane last week, as an actor was shot dead. Johann Ofner had been filming scenes of a gunfight for the newest video of hip hop group Bliss n Eso. The exact cause of the 28 year-old stunt man's death has not been officially confirmed. Reps have claimed that only blanks were used in the prop guns. A criminal investigation is under way. Chile
An entire town was destroyed in Chile. The wildfires, the country's worst in modern history, razed Santa Clara and its 1,000 buildings to the ground. City Mayor Carlos Valenzuela compared the fire to Dante's Inferno. There are over 100 fires still burning around the country, and authorities recently raised the death toll to 11. Governments from around the world have leant planes to the efforts to control the fires.
Photos Flickr: Shawn Kinkade, Soreen D