People have rallied around an independent bookshop that tweeted asking for help
Share This Article:
An independent bookshop in Harrogate has experienced an outpouring of support after tweeting that times were tough. Imagined Things in North Yorkshire sent a message asking for sales after only taking £12.34 in a day. The request was then retweeted more than 4,000 times, with the public and authors alike backing the shop. They said: “We only took £12.34 today… If anyone was thinking about buying a book now would be a great time… We’d be very grateful for your support.” The shop is owned by Georgia Duffy, who quit her job as a radiographer at the Harrogate District Hospital to launch Imagined Things in 2017. Imagined Things became the first independent bookshop in Harrogate in nearly 20 years.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Poacher caught after bragging about deer kill to game warden on Bumble
- This woman has trained her dog to do tricks in response to Harry Potter spells
- Vice-Chancellors have already earned a year’s tuition fees in the first 9 days of 2019
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH