The vinyl revival is a fad
Share This Article:
It’s time to get the old records out of the attic because vinyl is the new black. The last 12 months has seen sales rocket to the three million mark, a 25-year high, according to the British Phonographic Industry (BPI). This figure is the highest since the 1990s when Simply Red’s Stars became the best-selling album. So why have sales suddenly rocketed? Perhaps it was the passing of several notable music legends; David Bowie, too name a few? He topped the 2016 list with Blackstar, heralding a surge of grief-stricken fans to go out and buy some memorabilia as a tribute. I would argue it’s down to the 'hipster trend'; a trend which doesn’t seem to be shifting. Stand aside digital because vinyl is here to stay.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Cancelled concerts: as fans, what rights do we have?
- #GiveLittleMixABreak proves people’s naivety to the harsh world of touring
- I don't like or respect Taylor Swift but she is a genius - here's why
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH