12 things that sound tempting but ultimately aren’t worth it
Share This Article:
Temptation is a powerful thing, but sometimes the fruits of its promises aren’t what they’re cracked up to be – and not worth the repercussions they bring with them. Both of those are true for the examples in the list below, where Reddit user A53R asked: “What is the most tempting thing that is ultimately not worth it?” Here are the 12 of the most popular responses. 1. 2. From user Low_Significance “Procrastination.” 3. 4. From user Arch 27 “When you’re trying to change your lifestyle (changing your diet or activities) and you decide to ‘treat yourself’ to a taste of what you used to do, just to see if it’s still tempting. “It is. And you might not recover from a slip up like that.” 5. 6. From user Rudeiris*** “Sarificing your firstborn for the promise of immortality. life is temporary, the look in your daughter’s eyes as you push her into the volcano is forever.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- How house-sitting could help you travel the world (almost) for free
- These tales of ‘just in case’ moments paying off will kick-start 11 good habits
- Kavanaugh-Ford Hearings: how it forced us sexual assault survivors to re-live a trauma
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH