How ordering an 'angel shot' could help to protect women on dates
Share This Article:
Some of Britain’s bars have a new shot on the menu – the “angel shot”. The order at the bar isn’t actually a kick start to a heavy night’s drinking however, it is an alert to staff which could get women out of trouble. The drinks are supposed to protect women so that if they feel unsafe whilst on a date – or things just don’t feel quite right – they can discreetly alert staff. In the example above – thought to be from a bar in Florida – bar staff can help the woman depending on the manner of drink they order. Asking for the shot neat will mean the bar staff will escort you to your car, with ice they will call you a lift and with lime – the police. However, there are other forms of the service. For example an initiative in Lincolnshire asks women to “ask for Angela” at the bar if they are concerned about their safety. For many the idea makes complete sense. However, some worry they may cause some confusion.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Mental Health Awareness Week: Coping with grief at university
- This 92-year-old man posts videos giving life advice and it's the only advice you'll need from now on
- This woman livetweeted a couple's argument in a restaurant and it's better than any movie
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH