How to be a better morning person
Share This Article:
Are you one of those people who just can’t get up in the morning – no matter how many alarms you set, you seem to permanently arrive at work late, bedraggled and a bit stressed out?
Meanwhile, your colleague next to you turns up with perfect hair, having already been to the gym, meditated, and had a cooked breakfast. Life just isn’t fair.
But now it’s 2017, and things can change for you – the year is your oyster! Whilst we can’t promise that you will reach the dizzy heights of your colleague, we can however provide some top tips on how to succeed in the mornings. They might not get easier, but you can certainly get better.
1. Pack everything the night before.
2. We’re talking maximum preparation: even plan the next day’s outfit.
3. Eat a good breakfast – this will make the mornings a darn sight easier.
4. Start exercising in the morning, giving you an an energy boost early in the day.
5. Stop using technology right before going to sleep.
6. Train yourself to go to bed earlier – it’ll make getting up easier.
7. Try not closing your curtains and waking up with the light.
8. Make sure your room is relatively cool and quiet.
9. Put your alarm on the other side of the room (so you have to get out of bed to shut it off).
10. But make sure it’s the right kind of alarm for you: you might prefer something loud and aggressive, or deal better with more pleasant sounds.
11. Don’t reach for your phone as soon as you wake up – it’s so easy to get in a social media black hole lying in bed instead of getting up and on with your day.
And voila! Who knows, 2017 could be the year that you leap out of bed even before your alarm has sounded. Hey, anything is possible.