21st Century Loving: 5 reasons to get online
Share This Article:
In what must truly be a match made in heaven, online dating and outrageous profits have locked hands and are wandering dotingly into a pixelated sunset punctuated only by the ones and zeros of countless, unsuccessful binary relationships. And that is, of course, thanks to you; the millions of online daters who have signed up in droves with the earnest hope of finding anything from a casual fling to a life-long partner.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 8 myths about matched betting that need to be busted
- Creatives are sharing their job rejection stories and they’re inspiring
- How house-sitting could help you travel the world (almost) for free
- Avoid Having To Go For Drinks. And simply skip the whole "bar scene”. One of the instant attractions of online dating, or dating apps such as iLove, is the easy accessibility that allows you to search for a date whilst at home – or anywhere else you find convenient. In fact, making first contact is usually as simple as sending a nicely worded message to your potential beaux – however, avoiding cliched one-liners is equally important in the online world as it is in your local bar. Of course, for those of us who enjoy a drink, the advent of smart phones means you can enjoy a nice glass of irony in your local bar whilst searching for your next online date.
- Knowing Me, Knowing You. Unlike Facebook, learning everything you can about a person through their online profile is positively encouraged. In fact, online dating apps allow you to match your interests with those of another with relative ease – meaning you no longer have to become emotionally involved with someone before you uncover their latent obsession with the Eurovision Song Contest or some other such horror. Having said this, it takes all kinds, so if Eurovision is your thing then you'll be in good company.
- Time is Money. For the career minded workaholics of the world (or indeed, conscientious students), the dating scene may simply be too time consuming. Online dating allows you to quickly find your next potential partner with ruthless, business-like efficiency, whilst still allowing time for you to finish that all-important spreadsheet. In fact, before you know it, you'll be scheduling a weeks worth of dates in Google Calender – all timed perfectly with your busy professional schedule.
- Money is Money. While we're on the subject, online dating can also save you cash in the long run. You can get to know a whole host of potential partners through flirtatious emails without expensive (and pointless) dinners and dates in order to narrow down your final choice. Then you can afford to splash the cash in order to impress the real-world equivalent of that attractive avatar you've been speaking to during the previous months. Bargain!
- Reject Rejection. For the less confident amongst us, approaching strangers with an eye for l'amour can be hugely intimidating – often leading to feelings of rejection and unworthiness. Poor souls. However, with a wonder wall of anonymity inherent within the world of online dating, this whole process can be avoided. Online dating allows users to employ all of the charm and wit they can muster from a safe distance. In fact, the closest you will probably come to rejection is an empty inbox on a Monday morning. However, keep plugging away and you're bound to find your perfect match.
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH