Freshers: 8 Things to Expect
Share This Article:
Every freshers' experience is different, but here's our list of things you should expect in your first few weeks at university.
1. You won't get on with everyone you meetWhen you arrive at university don’t get caught out by the myth that everyone is like-minded. More often than not you’ll fall in with a group of people who will become your greatest friends, but you certainly won’t hit it off with everyone you meet, and nor should you expect to. 2. You'll make some of the best friends of your life You might not like everyone, but after eating with them and having late nights and early morning lectures in their company some of them will become your best friends for life. 3. They'll try to tell you first year requires hard work - it doesn't. It just requires work. Save the hard studies for later and enjoy as much university social life as you can. 4. The work probably will be harder A caveat to the last one. Although there won't be as much in terms of sheer volume, don’t worry if your first piece of coursework comes back as a third. You might have to relearn a bit and get the hang of writing academically. This is perfectly normal.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- 11 places every fresher should visit in Southampton
- Two inspiring students tell us how they overcame their biggest challenges
- This man can cure your phobias and help you face your most terrifying fears
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH