This guy’s dirty face served up a life lesson for a mother and daughter
Share This Article:
A guy who was left covered in dirt and grime after a hard day’s work has delivered an important message about education. Andy Ross, 29, had nipped into a shop after work only to overhear a mother telling her daughter “that is why you need to stay in school”. Ross used the comment as an educational moment for the family, politely explaining his background and choice to work in the construction industry after serving as a special operations medic. He ended by telling the mother “try not to judge people before you know anything about them”. In the conversation, Andy, from Vancouver in the US state of Washington, explained how he was a “very educated dirty man” who had found office work was not for him. “Assuming that I am uneducated because of my appearance is actually quite ignorant in itself,” the post read. “Secondly, if you are telling your daughter to stay in school because I have tattoos up and down my arms, that will actually suppress her creativity and potentially hinder her imagination as she develops.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Starbucks offering to pay university tuition fees for their U.K. staff
- Oxford University's St John's college recruiting for academic to examine its colonial past
- Failures by medics contibuted to Bath University student's death, coronor says
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH