12 touching stories and inspiring words from National Coming Out Day
Share This Article:
October 11th marked National Coming Out Day, an annual day of awareness and celebration for the LGBT community – and what it means to open up about sexuality. Founded in 1988 in the US, the day is now also observed in the UK and Switzerland. Yesterday many overcame fear to reveal a hidden truth about themselves, while others gave words of inspiration to those that did. Here are 12 of the most inspiring and wholesome examples. 1. This girl who came out to her family. 2. This guy pointing out coming out doesn’t happen just once. 3. And this girl who agreed. 4. This mum who didn’t seem surprised. 5. These words of encouragement. 6. These awesome housemates.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Sci-fi author presents Twitter with hypothetical abortion scenario and drives pro-lifers mad
- 'Too clever for jail' student who stabbed her ex-boyfriend could return to the University of Oxford
- Study abroad student bottled in the face and has teeth knocked out in racial attack
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH