Brooklyn Beckham accused of glorifying gun violence over Instagram snaps
Share This Article:
Pictures of Brooklyn Beckham posing with a gun have been defended by the photographer – saying it was a “creative moment”. Victoria and David Beckham’s photography student son pointed the prop weapon at the camera and held it across his chest, in a shoot by photographer Damon Baker. After the snaps were posted on Instagram, Beckham, 18, was accused of “popularising gun violence” and of depicting a weapon that causes “destruction and despair”, despite “being brought up with such privilege”. Photographer Baker later defended the images, saying that he comes from a deprived area of Birmingham, where “people often turn to crime” and “guns play a big part”. “I come from a poor section of Birmingham, England. Where inequality and unemployment are the highest in the country. In these desperate conditions people often turn to crime, guns play a big part here. I’ve seen it first hand,” he said.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Police have had to warn people to stop eating fried chicken spilled on road by lorry
- Bridal boutique praised for wheelchair wedding dress display
- Brexit, xenophobia and international students: how to combat 'public paranoia’ over immigration
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH