Brooklyn Beckham accused of glorifying gun violence over Instagram snaps
Share This Article:
Pictures of Brooklyn Beckham posing with a gun have been defended by the photographer – saying it was a “creative moment”. Victoria and David Beckham’s photography student son pointed the prop weapon at the camera and held it across his chest, in a shoot by photographer Damon Baker. After the snaps were posted on Instagram, Beckham, 18, was accused of “popularising gun violence” and of depicting a weapon that causes “destruction and despair”, despite “being brought up with such privilege”. Photographer Baker later defended the images, saying that he comes from a deprived area of Birmingham, where “people often turn to crime” and “guns play a big part”. “I come from a poor section of Birmingham, England. Where inequality and unemployment are the highest in the country. In these desperate conditions people often turn to crime, guns play a big part here. I’ve seen it first hand,” he said.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Paramilitaries still cast shadows over lives of young people in Northern Ireland
- UK Parliament Week: Calls for greater representation in parliament as national festival begins
- How to budget while on international placement
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH