Police officers are showing their human side with #behindthebadge
Share This Article:
Police officers are taking to social media to share details of their life when not on duty. #BehindTheBadge has been growing in popularity, with police departments across the US using the hashtag to share stories about officers’ lives when not in uniform. Grant Kinnamon with Chisago County Sheriff in Minnesota shared an image from his family trip to Colorado where he went hiking, biking and paddle boarding as part of the drive. Kinnamon, who has been a deputy for four years and peace office for six, said: “Behind The Badge is a great way to show people that cops are just regular folks that have hobbies, wives, kids. “It’s also a great way for the community to get to know us on a different level rather than always see us in the uniform.” Others taking part include Bransen Panezott, a security officer with the University of Cincinnati police, who shared his love of tennis.
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- Student who survived Grenfell: ‘We could see people screaming for help’
- Reese Witherspoon says she was sexually assaulted by a director when she was 16
- Bonespiration: A disturbing new social media trend that has psychologists concerned
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH