All the artwork from around the world being shared in tribute to London
Share This Article:
People have responded to the terror attack on London Bridge on Saturday evening with a flurry of touching pieces of art. Clever and defiant drawings are being shared far and wide on social media as symbols of solidarity after the attack that left seven dead and dozens injured. Pencil Bandit, the UK artist behind the Stand Together drawing, said: “Living out of the centre of London, I wasn’t necessarily close enough to help directly, but as an artist, the least I could do was post something that I thought summed up the communal resilience of a place like London in the wake of these tragedies. “Hopefully art at times like these can help create a sense solidarity online. At the very least I hope people spread the word that we as a community won’t give into fear-mongering, and can instead outstretch a hand to those in need.”
- Article continues below...
- More stories you may like...
- The Favourite’s Weisz and Colman back gay rights on Baftas red carpet
- Norway students warned against enrolling at U.K. universities over Brexit concerns
- Pompey gran hailed as a ‘legend’ for solo soup run to help the homeless
You might also like...
People who read this also read...
CONTRIBUTOR OF THE MONTH